1. The New York Times asks where all of the quote-worthy movie moments have disappeared to in the aughts. Maybe Hollywood screenwriters have simply run out of annoying catchphrases.
2. Jon Stewart is expanding his “Rally to Restore Sanity” to the West Coast. The satellite event will be held in Los Angeles on October 30th at the Levitt Pavilion at MacArthur Park. [via THR]
3. Malcolm Gladwell and Mark Wahlberg are teaming up on a CIA drama for HBO that will be set in Cold War-era Berlin. [via Deadline]
4. A new exhibition called Nirvana: Taking Punk To The Masses will open at Seattle’s Experience Music Project this April. Included in the show: Kurt Cobain’s previously undisplayed high school paintings and pieces of the first guitar he ever destroyed on stage. [via NME]
5. Facebook is joining MTV, GLAAD, and a host of other organizations to combat anti-LGBT bullying through a “Network of Support.” [via Mashable]
Bonus link: NME Cool List 2010