8. Tracy was discovered by Martin Lawrence’s ex-wife while doing stand-up at the Apollo Theater in 1984.
9. He began his TV career on Martin, playing a recurring character called Hustle Man. His catchphrase? “What’s happenin’, chief?”
10. He married his high school sweetheart, Sabina, and had three kids (Malcolm, Tracy Jr., and Gitrid) all before the age of 22. Tracy and Sabina divorced in 2009, and spent the final 8 years of their marriage living apart. They remain friends.
11. Tracy joined the cast of Saturday Night Live in 1996, and stayed on the show for seven seasons. His favorite character that he created was Astronaut Jones.
12. He launched a family sitcom, The Tracy Morgan Show, on NBC in 2003. It was canceled after one season (it was up against American Idol).
13. Tracy is a lifelong Knicks fan, and believes that they could have saved Michael Jackson. “I’m always going to stay with the Knicks. Good, bad, and ugly, I’ll stay with the Knicks. I wish I could’ve got to Michael Jackson — two Knicks games would’ve cleared all that shit up,” he has said.
14. He bought one of Michael Jackson’s gloves for $14,000 at an auction.