1. Bradley Cooper’s new film Limitless surprised everyone by topping the weekend box office, taking in $19.2 million. In second place was Rango, which made $15.2 million, followed by Battle: Los Angeles, which took in $14.6 million. The other new films — Matthew McConaughey’s legal thriller The Lincoln Lawyer and Simon Pegg and Nick Frost’s sci-fi comedy Paul — grossed $13.4 million and $13.2 million, respectively. [via THR]
2. Nicki Minaj is reportedly in talks with Simon Cowell about joining former Def Jam head L.A. Reid as a judge on The X Factor. We’d tune in each week just to see what she was wearing. [via Vulture]
3. Variety is reporting that Joseph Gordon-Levitt will play Alberto Falcone, son of former mob boss Carmine Falcone (Tom Wilkinson) in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises.
4. Wyclef Jean claimed to have been shot in the hand on Saturday night while campaigning in Haiti on behalf of a presidential candidate, but now local police are saying he was only cut by glass. [via The Daily Beast]
5. NPR is streaming the new Peter Bjorn & John album, Gimme Some, which doesn’t hit stores until March 29th; from a quick listen, it’s a return to the wildly infectious pop songs of Writer’s Block, minus the whistles.
Bonus link: Sumo Wrestler Completes LA Marathon