Over the weekend I finally saw Donnie Darko — you know, the 2001 cult favorite where Jake Gyllenhaal plays a troubled teen who talks to a giant rabbit named Frank about the impending apocalypse. (If you haven’t seen it, it’s good, but suffice it to say, leaves you in a strange mood. The fact that it was released a few months after 9/11 couldn’t have helped the abysmal box office numbers.) Maggie Gyllenhaal is in the flick too as his sis Elizabeth Darko which got me thinking about the best films featuring actor siblings. After the jump, my top 8, which is admittedly a little heavy on the Cusacks; add your own faves in the comments.
1. Bottle Rocket (Luke and Owen Wilson)
2. Good Will Hunting (Ben and Casey Affleck)
3. Grosse Pointe Blank (Joan and John Cusack)
4. High Fidelity (Joan and John Cusack)
5. Igby Goes Down (Kieran and Rory Culkin)
6. The Royal Tenenbaums (Luke and Owen Wilson)
7. Sixteen Candles (Joan and John Cusack)