1. All in all, we thought that last night’s MTV Video Music Awards were pretty boring. The one thing that kept us from turning it off was a promised first look at The Hunger Games, and even that turned out to be a totally underwhelming clip of Jennifer Lawrence hopping over a log.
2. Beyoncé was showing off what looked to be a tiny baby bump on the award show’s red carpet, and now her rep has confirmed it: she and Jay-Z are expecting their first child! [via Just Jared]
3. We’ve known for a while that Michel Gondry was planning to make a film with Audrey Tautou, but now we have some additional details; an “offbeat romance,” the project is an adaptation of Boris Vian’s 1947 novel L’Écume des Jours, and will co-star French actor Romain Duris. [via Slashfilm]
4. Sofia Coppola and her longtime partner Thomas Mars of Phoenix got married over the weekend at her family’s 19-century mansion in Bernalda, Italy. Among the famous names on the 80-person guest list: George Lucas, Johnny Depp, and Jason Schwartzman. [via LAT]
5. Here is your first look at John Goodman’s upcoming appearance on Community where he’ll be playing the vice dean of Greendale Community College’s air conditioning repair program.