1. Adult Swim announced yesterday that it has picked up Loiter Squad, a 15-minute live-action show from Odd Future that’s described as a mix of “sketches, man on the street segments, pranks and, naturally, music.” It will premiere next year. [via LAT]
2. Strange but true: Mel Gibson is writing a movie about Judah Maccabee, the second century Jewish hero who led a rebellion against the Seleucid Empire and inspired Hanukkah. [via Vulture]
3. Rolling Stone has posted an exclusive excerpt from the forthcoming book Pearl Jam Twenty, an oral history of the band’s career which hits shelves on September 13.
4. According to Deadline, Dexter star Michael C. Hall is in talks to play the lead role in the Broadway musical adaptation of Big Fish next year. The part was originally written for Hugh Jackman.
5. “I first I heard about this on Monday and it has taken me completely by surprise! Everyone knows that NEW ORDER without PETER HOOK is like QUEEN without FREDDIE MERCURY, U2 without THE EDGE, SOOTY without SWEEP!” – Peter Hook is not so pleased that his former New Order bandmates plan to play two benefit shows this year without him.
Bonus Buzz: 17 Photo Booth Pictures Featuring Puppies