1. The 63rd annual Primetime Emmys aired last night. Modern Family — which took home just about every award it was nominated for, including Best Comedy Series — was the big winner, with Mad Men winning Best Drama Series and Downton Abbey practically sweeping the miniseries category. We’ve already rounded up the evening’s most awkward moments (and there were many), but if you’re more interested in the full list of award recipients, you can find that here.
2. The Daily Show may have won its hundredth or so Emmy last night, but we think it’s Stephen Colbert who’s the real winner this morning: Next Monday, Radiohead will take over The Colbert Report for a special one-hour episode that will include performances of four songs from The King of Limbs. [via Stereogum]
3. Kat Dennings‘ 2 Broke Girls, about two 20-something roommates from different worlds who work together at a Brooklyn diner, premieres tonight on CBS. Initial reviews are weakly positive. Will you be watching?
4. John Mayer has been diagnosed with a serious throat condition called granuloma that will leave him unable to sing in the near future and will delay work on his forthcoming album, Born and Raised. We hope Mayer feels better soon, but we admit we’ll enjoy the break from new songs about wonderland-like bodies. [via Rolling Stone]
5. This weekend marked the beginning of Anonymous and Adbusters’ occupation of Wall Street, where many activists plan to camp out in the Financial District in hopes of holding bankers accountable for a long list of economic injustices. Yesterday, none other than Roseanne Barr joined the protesters. You can watch her full speech here.