1. Here’s your first look at the teaser trailer for Joss Whedon’s highly-anticipated adaptation of The Avengers. Unfortunately for fans, it doesn’t contain any new footage that we haven’t already seen before.
2. “At it’s core, it is the most expensive and creative Film History 101 course of all time.” – The Hollywood Reporter’s Scott Feinberg reacts to an unfinished version of Martin Scorsese’s children’s movie Hugo, which screened last night at the New York Film Festival.
3. If you loved Paris Is Burning, then you’ll be excited to hear that writer W. Merritt Johnson (In Treatment, Temple Grandin) is teaming up with Precious director Lee Daniels on a new dramatic series for Showtime that looks at New York City’s underground drag ball scene. [via Vulture]
4. Law enforcement officers in Hungary seized “85 functioning weapons” from a warehouse in Budapest that were going to be used in the filming of Brad Pitt‘s zombie movie World War Z, and it’s not really clear what will happen with them now. [via ArtsBeat]
5. A post-pregnancy January Jones has returned to the set of Mad Men. Check out some photos of Betty Draper Francis rocking a surprisinly frumpy house dress here.
Bonus Buzz: Movies That Go Bump In The Night