1. This year’s Golden Globe Award nominations were announced earlier this morning, and while we’ll have more to say about the picks in a bit, in the meantime, you can peruse the full list here.
2. This should be interesting: NBC has announced that Howard Stern will be joining the panel of judges on its summer competition series America’s Got Talent. Stern, who’ll be stepping in to fill the spot recently left vacant by Piers Morgan, still plans to continue doing his radio show. [via Deadline]
3. Lady Gaga, who made an estimated $90 million last year, has topped Forbes’ new list of the top-earning women in music. Rounding out the top five: Taylor Swift ($45 million), Katy Perry ($44 million), Beyonce ($35 million), and Rihanna ($29 million). [via NME]
4. George Whitman, the American-born owner of the beloved Paris bookstore Shakespeare & Company, died yesterday at the age of 98. His West Bank shop, which hosted readings by some of modern literature’s biggest names, was also a place where aspiring writers could find shelter in exchange for a little work. [via NYT]
5. Courtney Love might be getting kicked out of her West Village townhouse. Why? A minor fire last spring, some wall paper she wasn’t supposed to put up, and $50,000 in unpaid rent. [via Daily Intel]
Bonus Buzz: Animated Remake of ‘Raiders Of The Lost Ark’