1. Members of India’s Sikh community are outraged following a joke that Jay Leno made about Mitt Romney’s summer home; it turns out the building in the photo accompanying the bit was the Golden Temple, the holiest site in the Sikh religion. A formal complaint had been lodged with the State Department in Washington. [via AP]
2. Ben Stiller is working with Jonathan Safran Foer on a new comedy for HBO called All Talk; the show, which focuses on a Jewish family in Washington, DC, will reportedly be “politically, religiously, culturally, intellectually and sexually irreverent.” Alan Alda is in talks to star opposite Stiller, who is also planning to direct and executive produce the project. [via THR]
3. NBC just ordered up 10 new pilots (eight of them comedies), news that we find rather overwhelming so early in the morning. Luckily, Vulture has broken it all down for us.
4. The principal cast of The Book of Mormon — including recent Tony winner Nikki M. James — has extended their contracts through February 2013. If you haven’t seen this Broadway musical yet, consider this your cue to finally finagle some tickets to the perpetually sold-out show. [via EW]
5. Carnival Films, the UK film company behind Downton Abbey, are unhappy that PBS has launched a range of jewelery based on two of the show’s characters, Lady Mary Crawley and her sister, Lady Sybil. Apparently, these unauthorized products are a “must have for all ladies of quality.” [via The Guardian]
Bonus Buzz: 12 Cats And Dogs Wearing Top Hats