1. “What I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn’t… I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down.” — George Lucas attempts to put to rest the long-running Greedo vs. Han Solo Star Wars controversy.
2. A man who was convicted of stalking Madonna back in the ’90s has escaped from a mental health facility in California; he apparently believed that she was meant to be his wife, and that if he could not have her, intended to slit her throat. [via Rolling Stone]
3. DreamWorks is planning to remake Alfred Hitchcock’s only Best Picture winner, Rebecca; Eastern Promises screenwriter Steven Knight will be basing his script on the original source material — a 1938 book of the same name by Daphne du Maurier. [via Slashfilm]
4. One of the comedies that Melissa McCarthy and her husband Ben Falcone sold to CBS is going to pilot. Falcone will star in the project, which is about “a 37-year-old man going broke and moving back in with his parents,” and McCarthy will executive produce. [via Vulture]
5. Apparently, a lot of media outlets are “worried” by how thin Macaulay Culkin is looking these days. [via Gawker]
Bonus Buzz: 14 Pets And Celebrities With Heterochromia