1. The lineup for Lollapalooza 2012 has been announced, and it’s a mixed bag of older/reunited acts like Black Sabbath, At the Drive-In, and Afghan Whigs; radio-friendly artists like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Black Keys, the Shins, Florence + the Machine, and Jack White; and buzzed about newcomers like The Weeknd, tUnE-yArDs, and Frank Ocean. [via HitFix]
2. “Despite recent speculation in the media, and after difficult but sincere consideration, I have decided not to direct Catching Fire. As a writer and a director, I simply don’t have the time I need to write and prep the movie I would have wanted to make because of the fixed and tight production schedule.” — Gary Ross makes his exit from the Hunger Games franchise official.
3. In what we consider a delightfully twee match made in heaven, Ellen Fanning is in talks to star in God Help the Girl, a film musical written and directed Belle & Sebastian front man Stuart Murdoch that was funded via Kickstarter. [via Vulture]
4. Are you as curious as we are about what this collaboration album from Justin Vernon and Astronautilis is going to sound like? [via NME]
5. Here’s your first look at Uma Thurman playing Marilyn Monroe in her current five-episode arc on Smash. Kind of weird, right?
Bonus Buzz: 33 Animals Who Are Extremely Disappointed In You