1. Forbes has released its Fictional 15, an annual list of fiction’s wealthiest characters. This year’s winner is Smaug, the dragon from The Hobbit, whose “personal fortune jumped 16% from last year to $62 billion after wyrm watchers crafted a more detailed analysis of his massive hoard of coins, jewels and antiques.”
2. Justin Bieber‘s new album will include a song about the now-notorious paternity case a fan filed against him last year. Couldn’t he just have covered “Billie Jean”? [via NME]
3. HBO has dropped a new, behind-the-scenes-style teaser for True Blood Season 5 that finds Sam and Luna seized by grief and foreboding and ends with the words, “Waiting sucks.” Hey, thanks for that, wiseguys. Like we need you to remind us that we’ll be waiting until June 10th for the premiere.
4. Gotye is flip-flopping more than Mitt Romney these days: Although he recently referred to Glee‘s version of his hit “Somebody That I Used to Know” as “dinky and wrong,” he’s now embraced the cover, saying “I thought it was really clever to transpose the song to two guys.” [via THR]
5. American Idol may be slipping in the ratings, but it’s nowhere near dead yet. Ryan Seacrest has just signed on as host for two more years, for an annual salary of $15 million. Considering that we still can’t really figure out what he brings to the show, sounds like a sweet gig to us. [via MTV]
Bonus Buzz: The Mad Men Cast Goes Bowling