1. People has named new mom Beyoncé the most beautiful woman in the world. “I feel more beautiful than I’ve ever felt because I’ve given birth,” she says in a new interview with the magazine. ”I have never felt so connected, never felt like I had such a purpose on this earth.”
2. In addition to The Good Dinosaur and a movie that explores the human mind, Pixar is at work on an as yet untitled film about Mexico’s Dia de los Muertos, which will be helmed by the team that made the excellent Toy Story 3. [via The Wrap]
3. If you noticed a difference between Downton Abbey‘s first season and the most recent one, you’re not alone. Elizabeth McGovern, who plays the countess Cora Crawley on the series, has told the Los Angeles Times that she wasn’t exactly thrilled with its new direction. “There is a slightly different tone to the second season, partly because the show had to deal with this huge elephant which is the First World War, and in some ways Downton Abbey wasn’t set up for that,” she said.
4. Peter Jackson premiered ten minutes of footage from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey yesterday at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, revealing that the movie was shot at 48 frames per second to create a clearer image. “The footage showed Baggins lost in Gollum’s cave. Andy Serkis’ portrayal of the strange creature known for his ‘precious’ obsession and speaking in the third person is just as disturbing as it was in the trilogy, with Baggins forced to appeal to Gollum’s love of games to survive,” writes an AP reporter.
5. Here’s an interesting pairing: Tony Danza and Vince Vaughn are reportedly working together on an ABC sitcom with the working title The Guys, which will follow “three old friends who begin new chapters of their lives as they enter their golden years.” Considering that Danza is nearly 20 years older than Vaughn, we’re a bit confused. [via HuffPost TV]
Bonus Buzz: Obama and Jimmy Fallon slow jam the news