1. Another day, another Smiths reunion rumor — this one started by the site Music-news.co.uk, which claimed Morrissey and Johnny Marr were in talks with a major promoter. But, as always, the report is probably false, with sources close to the band denying that any plans have been made. [via NME]
2. Entertainment Weekly has the first two stills from Quentin Tarantino‘s Django Unchained. The shots show Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, and Leonardo DiCaprio in period dress, with the latter’s “deranged plantation owner” looking particularly, well, deranged.
3. Bad news for fans of public arts funding: The National Endowment for the Arts has made substantial cuts to its support for PBS programming, including Live from Lincoln Center, Great Performances at the Met, and American Masters. [via NYT]
4. After the success of Hugo, Martin Scorsese may be done with 2D movies altogether. “There is something that 3D gives to the picture that takes you into another land and you stay there and it’s a good place to be,” he told the crowd at CinemaCon in Las Vegas yesterday, adding that he wishes Taxi Driver and Raging Bull had been in 3D. [via AP]
5. Well, it didn’t take long for holograms of dead musicians to ruin everything. TLC has announced plans for a reunion tour that will include video projects of Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes, who died ten years ago yesterday. [via Rolling Stone]
Bonus Buzz: The Absolute Best/Worst Foreign Ads Ever