1. Sir Paul McCartney made a surprise cameo on the East Coast telecast of 30 Rock‘s wildly uneven live episode last night, in which he smacked Jack Donaghy in the face. “To be slapped on live TV by Sir Paul…
#filethatinmydiaryunderperfect,” Alec Baldwin tweeted later. Meanwhile, because life still isn’t fair, the lucky folks on the West Coast were treated to an appearance by Kim Kardashian. [via Spinner]
2. The music video for Nicki Minaj‘s “Starships” is here, and it’s basically hip-hop Burning Man by the sea, with just as much dilated-pupil color saturation as that combination suggests, plus a bonus helping of thoroughly bizarre sexual posturing. Watch it at Vulture.
3. Buffy’s pregnant! Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. have a second child on the way. [via People]
4. Nevermind producer/Garbage drummer Butch Vig has cast doubt on Hole guitarist Eric Erlandson‘s claim that Kurt Cobain recorded demos for an entire solo album before his death in 1994. “He was working on songs, but they were just in his head. He might have just played them to Eric,” said Vig. “”Around that period he only wanted to talk about Courtney’s album, I never heard any of his new songs.” [via NME]
5. Gospel singer Cissy Houston is shopping a book about her daughter, Whitney Houston, to publishers. Although it’s not clear how deep into the pop star’s drug problems she’ll delve, Houston has said, “It’s going to be the bad, it’s going to be the good.” [via Jacket Copy]