1. The Avengers broke the domestic box office record set by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 2 in its debut weekend, bringing in a staggering $200.3 million. We’re curious: Do you think that The Dark Knight Rises be able to match that without the boost from 3D sales? [via HitFix]
2. In other Avengers-related news, director Joss Whedon says that the film’s DVD/Blu-Ray release will feature 30 minutes of deleted scenes, mostly “ancillary character based stuff” that he shaved off his original three-hour cut of the movie. [via The Playlist]
3. Animal Collective’s new 7″ single Honeycomb/Gotham is out digitally today, and it features two new songs from the band that you can listen to here. The physical release is due out from Domino on June 26.
4. OMA’s design for Marina Abramovic’s new art and education center in Hudson, New York will be unveiled today. “I say to them, I would like to make a levitation room, I would like to have a digital temple,” she told ArtsBeat in an interview. “There will be a room for drinking water and drinking water in slow motion.” Also of note: visitors will be required to wear lab coats and sign a contract that says they will stay a minimum of six hours.
5. Apparently Cougar Town may be making the move from ABC to TBS in a deal that would be for two 15-episode seasons. If this really happens, may we suggest using it as an opportunity to finally change the show’s horrible name? [via Vulture]
Bonus Buzz: Kanye West Goes On Another Twitter Rant