1. The Afghan Whigs made their first public appearance in 13 years last night on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, performing a cover of “See and Don’t See.” Watch them play that song, as well as a web exclusive, “I’m Her Slave,” here, and get even more excited about the reunion tour!
2. The first trailer for Baz Luhrmann’s adaptation of The Great Gatsby has arrived online, and it’s very Baz Luhrmann. Also: Is it just us or do Leo and co. seem a little bit too young to be playing these parts? [via Cinema Blend]
3. The Flaming Lips have announced plans to break Jay-Z’s current world record of playing seven shows in seven cities in one day on June 27, to coincide with the O Music Awards. “I don’t remember if I was asked or if I volunteered,” Wayne Coyne said in the press release. “But, I’ve accepted the job of, not DRIVING, but commandeering the Magical Mystery Merry Prankster bus.” [via NME]
4. The lineup for this summer’s first ever CBGB music festival has been announced, with Cloud Nothings, Pains of Being Pure at Heart, and War on Drugs among the mostly NYC-based bands on the roster for the four-day event. [via ArtsBeat]
5. Would you like to see a video of Kristen Wigg performing “I Love Rock ‘n Roll” with Andy Samberg, Jason Sudeikis, and the Foo Fighters at last week’s SNL after-party? Of course you would!
Bonus Buzz: Amusing Stone Art