1. Twelve people have been confirmed dead and at least another 50 were injured when a 24-year-old gunman opened fire during a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado; tonight’s premiere in Paris has been cancelled as a result, and Warner Bros. has released an official statement extending sympathy to the families of the victims. Find more information on this still-developing story here.
2. A$AP Rocky was taken into police custody last night in New York after he got in a physical fight with two people taking photos of a verbal argument that he was having with a friend — but apparently, the rapper is expected to be booked for attempted robbery. Yep, we find the whole thing confusing, too. [via TMZ]
3. Chris Hemsworth is being eyed to star in Steven Spielberg’s Robopocalypse, a large-scale blockbuster “based on the Daniel H. Wilson epic novel about the human race’s attempt to survive an apocalyptic robot uprising.” We’re not worried. Thor can handle this. [via Deadline]
4. Victoria Beckham says that she would be totally down for a Spice Girls reunion performance at the London Olympics closing ceremonies, but we’re not holding our breaths that it’s actually going to happen. [via Refinery29]
5. And finally, we end with some happy news for some 20 million households: DirectTV and Viacom have finally settled their bitter dispute over fees. You can now have your MTV and Comedy Central back! [via Pop Culture Brain]
Bonus Buzz: 30 Photos Of Babies Dressed As Food