1. The first full trailer for Ang Lee’s film adaptation of Yann Martel’s Booker Prize-winning novel The Life of Pi has arrived online, and while it doesn’t reveal much about the plot, boy oh boy is it pretty.
2. Speaking of highly-anticipated adaptations of critically-acclaimed books, Entertainment Weekly has posted some exclusive images of Tom Hanks and Halle Berry on the set of Cloud Atlas, which is due in theaters October 26th. So, what you make of those face implants?
3. There’s a delightful rumor circulating that 30 actors dressed up as Mary Poppins will vanquish a 40-foot Lord Voldemort in the Danny Boyle-directed Opening Ceremony of the London Olympics on Friday. Yes, please!
4. In honor of the 45th anniversary of the Velvet Underground and Nico’s self-titled debut, Universal is putting out a deluxe reissue that will feature “six discs with alternate takes and mixes, live recordings, practice sessions, and more.” [via Pitchfork]
5. After some recent rumblings, it sounds like there will really be a third Hobbit movie; apparently after completing principal photography on the first two films, director Peter Jackson “concluded that there is enough material from the book, as well as the extensive appendixes to The Lord of the Rings, to make a third.” Or maybe he just realized that it was his last chance to mine Middle Earth for box office gold. [via LAT]