1. A TV adaptation of Battle Royale, the Japanese cult film that many have accused The Hunger Games of ripping off, may be coming to the CW — because post-apocalyptic teen death matches are the new vampires. [via LA Times]
2. The cinema-shootout ending to Ryan Gosling’s upcoming movie, Gangster Squad, will be changed in the wake of Colorado’s Dark Knight Rises massacre. These changes will delay the film’s debut from September 2012 to January 2013. [via UKPA]
3. No Doubt visited Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to play their new single, “Settle Down.” Watch the performance at Stereogum.
4. The inevitable has happened: Lady Gaga is set to make her silver screen debut in Robert Rodriguez’s Machete Kills, the sequel to 2010’s fun trash-fest Machete. She will play a character known as La Chameleon, which sounds about right. [via NME]
5. In David West Read’s new Broadway comedy, The Performers, Henry Winkler will play a porn star who is reacquainted with a high-school friend at an adult film awards ceremony in Las Vegas. As The Fonz would surely say, ayyyyyy! [via Guardian]