1. We find President Obama’s tweeted response to Clint Eastwood‘s speech at the Republican National Convention kind of amusing. Almost as amusing as the fact that The Simpsons predicted the whole old man yelling at inanimate object thing years ago.
2. If for some reason you thought Nas was done dredging up his relationship with ex-wife Kelis, the video for “Bye Baby” makes it clear that he’s still got some issues that he’d like to work out… publicly. [via Pitchfork]
3. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is changing the rules for the Best Original Song yet again, thus ensuring that voters will have more than two options at next year’s Oscars. [via Billboard]
4. Thirty years later, Robin Williams could be making his return to TV with The Crazy Ones, a new David E. Kelley about an aging but brilliant advertising executive and his relationship with his daughter. Who knows, it could be good. [via EW]
5. With Mariah Carey signed on as a judge and a deal with Nicki Minaj reportedly certain, Randy Jackson has announced that he’s leaving American Idol. Producers reportedly want a panel of four, so that leaves them with a lot of work to do before the new season begins later this fall. [via TMZ]
Bonus Buzz: Eastwooding