1. Jon Stewart and Bill O’Reilly have announced plans to face off in “The Rumble in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium,” a 90-minute debate that will take place on October 6th at George Washington University and is set to be livestreamed online. “I’m excited to debate Mr. O’Reilly,” says Stewart. “I believe this will be a very enjoyable night for fans of our programs, political junkies, partisans and people who just enjoy yelling.” [via ArtsBeat]
2. Mark your calendars: Beginning on October 24th, Edvard Munch’s The Scream will go up on display at the Museum of Modern Art; there are four versions of the painting, but this 1895 pastel-on-board — which sold for $120 million at Sotheby’s in May — is the only one in private hands. [via NYO]
3. NBC has announced that they will replace celebrity coaches Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green with Usher and Shakira when The Voice returns in the spring — but apparently the swap out will only be for one season. [via E! Online]
4. Philip Seymour Hoffman, who made his feature film directorial debut in 2010 with Jack Goes Boating, has signed on to helm Ezekiel Moss, a supernatural drama bout “a mysterious stranger with the power to speak with the dead.” [via THR]
5. In case you missed it, here’s a brief teaser for the second season of Enlightened, which returns to HBO in January.