1. If you were as taken with this cover of New York magazine as most of the world was, here’s Dutch photographer Iwan Baan describing how he captured the stunning image. [via Poynter]
2. MTV will air a fundraising special on November 15th called Restore the Shore. The one-hour show will feature cast of Jersey Shore, and the money raised will go toward rebuilding the Seaside Heights’ boardwalk, as well as supporting local businesses and residents. [via Deadline]
3. Apparently this clip of a crazy Val Kilmer performing on stage with the Black Lips at Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin is actually part of a Terrence Malick movie. [via Stereogum]
4. Skyfall director Sam Mendes and writer John Logan are re-teaming on a vampire hunter TV series “in the vein of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen” that will be set in 1800s London. Perhaps this could be Showtime’s answer to True Blood? [via The Playlist]
5. Here’s an unreleased collection of 35 minutes of material from Chromatics’ sessions for Kill for Love.