36. The Wizard of Oz was shot on a studio set. The only location footage featured in the movie is the shot of clouds during the opening credits.
37. There were 124 little people cast as Munchkins. Only two are alive today.
38. Dorothy’s jumper dress was fit for a 27-inch waist. Her name was sewn on the inside hem.
39. Part of the Cowardly Lion’s facial prosthetic consisted of a brown paper bag.
40. When The Witch tries to yank off the Ruby Slippers, a fire erupts. The effect was created with apple juice, but sped up on film to make it look like fire.