1. Bruce Springsteen, the Killers, Jon Bon Jovi, and Lucinda Williams are set to contribute to a forthcoming album of Kinks covers by former frontman Ray Davies. [via TwentyFourBit]
2. In case you were wondering, Lil Wayne is allowed to bring his diamond-implanted teeth to Riker’s Island. [via Slate]
3. Is this new trailer for The Karate Kid remake more exciting than the first one? [via Yahoo!]
4. Jonah Hill will star in The Sitter, a new David Gordon Green comedy that’s inspired by Adventures in Babysitting. [via THR]
5. It was announced yesterday that books by Sherman Alexie, Barbara Kingsolver, Lorraine M. López, Lorrie Moore and Colson Whitehead are finalists for the 2010 PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction. We interviewed Moore about A Gate at the Stairs here. [via WaPo]
Bonus Giveaway: We use Yahoo! Search to help find the top culture stories of the day. Now we’re giving you the chance to play editor, and you just might win a trip to Coachella.
Use Yahoo! Search to find an interesting link about The Kinks, and drop it below in the comments below. Our favorite entry will receive a copy of The Kinks Greatest Hits 1970-86 (2CD/DVD), and more importantly, be entered to win a VIP trip for two to Coachella. Topics will be changing throughout the week, so get your search on and keep playing to increase your chances of winning!
[kml_flashembed publishmethod="static" fversion="8.0.0" movie="http://flavorwire.com/yahoo_search_for_top_5/y_search_thekinks.swf" width="300" height="60" targetclass="flashmovie"]