1. Top Chef judge and New York restaurateur Tom Colicchio has been named America’s best chef of 2010 by the James Beard Foundation. [via AP]
2. Say it ain’t so, Angel! David Boreanaz comes clean to People magazine about his infidelity. Why did he choose this moment to confess? Apparently, he was being blackmailed by a former mistress.
3. Trent Reznor releases his first post-Nine Inch Nails single, How to Destroy Angels’ “A Drowning.” The new band is a collaboration between Reznor and his wife, Mariqueen Maandig. Listen to it at Pitchfork.
4. White Castle has released a burger-scented candle in honor of National Cheeseburger Month — a holiday we didn’t know existed but are happy to celebrate… but probably not by shelling out $10 for a candle that will either make us hungry or (more likely) nauseous. [via Entertainment Weekly]
5. Jude Law and Sienna Miller are back together. Let the drama begin! [via Popeater]
Bonus link: Japanese nerds design a strange and impressive crop of imaginary 8-bit games, including one based on Macchiavelli and a revisionist, conservationist take on the Book of Genesis.