1. It’s Google Zeitgeist time again! Here’s an exhaustive look at some of most popular searches and search trends throughout the year, a list topped by Whitney Houston, Gangnam Style, and Hurricane Sandy.
1. James Franco explains that his band Daddy’s new song “Can’t Say Goodbye” was inspired by his father’s recent death. Watch the music video for the track — which features childhood home movies of the actor — here.
1. Beyoncé just inked a $50 million deal with Pepsi that includes “a multimillion-dollar fund to support the singer’s chosen creative projects.”
2. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs debuted a new track over the weekend at a Hurricane Sandy benefit that Spin describes as “a spare thumper that recalled Florence and the Machine’s ‘Dog Days Are Over.’” So far the performance has yet to surface on YouTube, but we’ve got our fingers crossed that someone defied Karen O’s no cellphone footage request. … Read More
1. Last night Stephen Colbert gleefully kicked off his week-long celebration of The Hobbit by interviewing Gandalf himself. Watch Sir Ian McKellen get trounced in a vicious game Tolkien trivia, and later admit that “Gandalf is more powerful than Magneto,” in
1. We’re dying to know the story behind this
1. In case you’re curious, TVLine has the scoop on how Community writers plan to handle Chevy Chase’s departure from the show — including how they might work Pierce into the episodes that haven’t been shot yet.
2. Presented sans commentary: the woman who Lindsay Lohan punched in the eye was a psychic.… Read More
1. A $30 million musical version of King Kong that’s currently in the works in Australia might be heading to Broadway, perhaps as soon as 2014. In case any part of you thinks that this sounds like a good idea, producers are reportedly eying the space currently occupied by Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark. [via… Read More
In case you were worried that Hollywood was lacking in the blue people and motion capture department, news from Slash Film confirms that James Cameron will finally start filming Avatar 2 and 3 next year. Expect to see more eco-drama after the tireless director wraps up his scripts (by February, he hopes) and starts… Read More