This time last year, the out-of-nowhere indie Beasts of the Southern Wild emerged at the Sundance Film Festival, knocked out everyone who saw it, and embarked on a thrilling year-long ride to become a critical fave, indie smash, and multiple Oscar nominee. Of course, when you have a big hit, everyone’s looking for a sequel — and most of the press out of Park City has been eager to buzzkill, assuring us that no, there’s not another Beasts in this year’s bunch. But that doesn’t mean that it wasn’t an incredible… Read More
1. Donald Trump has revealed the lineup for the upcoming season of Celebrity Apprentice, and the rather depressing roster of “celebrities” includes Arsenio Hall, Clay Aiken, Dee Snider, Debbie Gibson, and Real Housewives star Teresa Giudice. [via Deadline]
2. Les Miserables director Tom Hooper has offered the choice roles of Eponine and Cosette… Read More
1. Demi Moore has been cast as feminist icon Gloria Steinem in that Linda Lovelace biopic that we feel like we’ve been reading about forever now, and is finally shooting in Los Angeles. Also part of the ensemble: Amanda Seyfried, who plays Lovelace, Peter Sarsgaard as her husband, and James Franco, who will make a… Read More
Welcome to “Trailer Park,” our regular Friday feature where we collect the week’s new trailers all in one place and do a little “judging a book by its cover,” ranking them from worst to best and taking our best guess at what they may be hiding. We’ve got five new trailers for your post-turkey consumption this week; check ‘em out after the jump. … Read More
We won’t know until the sci-fi thriller In Time hits theaters whether or not Justin Timberlake can carry an action flick on his back or whether or not Amanda Seyfried can play the role of sultry femme fatale. No disrespect to either of them, it’s just Timberlake’s acting chops have been proven in the comedy genre and as a supporting player in dramas, while Seyfried has cornered the market on the awkward, best friend role. If the October cover story in W Magazine doesn’t change that perception initially, at the very least, the duo look the part of the leading man and lady thanks to the work of photographer Michael Thompson.
Regarding the movie’s plot, the interview doesn’t help matters. “It’s set in the future, where money buys you time. My character falls in love with Justin’s character—she wants to give him all the time he needs so he can save the world. It’s very romantic. No matter what’s happening in my life, I can always get lost in the romances of my characters,” Seyfried offered by way of a plot description. Click through to check out the images, and let us know in the comments what you think of their take on the perfect political couple. … Read More
Atom Egoyan’s new thriller explores themes of jealousy and passion with a European sensibility that puts a smart spin on the love-triangle trope.
Based on 2004 French film Nathalie, Erin Cressida Wilson’s subversive script follows a woman (Julianne Moore) as she hires a prostitute (Amanda Seyfried) to test the fidelity of her husband (Liam Neeson). As their encounters grow more intense, the lines between reality and fantasy blur and unexpected desires are awakened in all three. Universally strong performances anchor a wild story that ventures into the uncharted depths of human sexuality. … Read More
Atom Egoyan’s new thriller explores themes of consuming jealousy and passion with a smart European sensibility that puts an exciting spin on the love triangle genre with Amanda Seyfried and Julianne Moore at the center — their sex scene is a particularly memorable, um, climax. The script was penned by Erin Cressida Wilson, who’s no stranger to sexual kinks. She tackled S&M with aplomb and erotic wit in Secretary, now tackling a subversive story that follows a woman (Julianne Moore) as she hires a prostitute (Amanda Seyfried) to test her husband’s (Liam Neeson) fidelity. As their encounters grow intense, the lines between reality and fantasy blur and unexpected desires are awakened in all three propelling the film to its startling yet inevitable conclusion. We caught up with Seyfried, Moore, and the filmmakers to talk about sex, manipulation and other bedrocks of a good marriage. Click through for the full… Read More
1. If you’re like us, and missed SNL Presents: A Very Gilly Christmas last night, you can watch it on Hulu while you work. [via Pop Candy]
2. Radiohead’s Thom Yorke somehow obtained a press pass to attend the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen, and there’s video of him giving… Read More