Today at Flavorpill, we found out what Anderson Cooper looked like as a little kid thanks to this footage of him wearing a purple wig on a game show. We fell in love with the latest mural from Blu. We were excited to learn that the Library of Congress had launched… Read More
1. Nate Dogg, the California rapper known for his collaborations with Dr. Dre, Warren G, and Eminem, among others, died yesterday at the age of 41. He had previously survived a pair of strokes in 2007 and 2008. [via
1. Some good news to help get you through this icy morning: Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow which means we should have an early spring. And the same goes for the poor man’s version of Phil, Staten Island Chuck.
2. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to join the cast… Read More
But it’s not what you think. Cooper has been cast as the narrator in the upcoming revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (which stars Daniel Radcliffe and begins previews on February 26 at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre), a role that was previously filled by Walter Cronkite in 1995 for the Matthew… Read More
1. Check out a full list of last night’s 2011 Golden Globe winners here. Sadly, Laura Linney — who won the award for best performance by an actress in a TV series, comedy or musical for her role on Showtime’s The Big C — missed the ceremony because the day before the show,… Read More
The 2010 celebrity commencement speech has been a strange one, so far. While we continue to await Lisa Kudrow’s talk at Vassar, Wyclef Jean’s keynote at Western Connecticut State, and several others, this season has already yielded a treasure trove of wonderful (okay, and some awful) wisdom. We may not agree with all of the 10 lessons we’ve collected here (Obama’s diatribe against technology, Glenn Beck’s very existence), but we’ve taken other luminaries’ (Meryl Streep, Bill Clinton, Rachel Maddow) words to heart. Who can resist a graduation season that features both a goofy Anderson Cooper and a dead-serious Alec Baldwin?
… Read More
1. Remember this cartoon in Rolling Stone magazine mapping out the “Indie Rock Universe”? We don’t either but it’s causing a real shit storm. [via Pitchfork]
2. The War on Drugs is rebranding itself, placing “a greater emphasis on rehabilitation and treatment for drug offenders.” Meanwhile, marijuana is more potent than ever.… Read More
HEIDI MONTAG got fired from her fake pr job on THE HILLS. [LIVE]
The hologram version of Will.I.Am made CNN viewers nervous, ANDERSON COOPER giggle. [NYM]