When we first heard about Billie Joe Armstrong and Norah Jones’s collaboration, it seemed a bit odd, if not stuck… Read More
Billie Joe Armstrong
Musicians make mistakes, too. They’re only human, after all. But that doesn’t stop us from delighting in a bit of good-natured Schadenfreude when a performance devolves into a total train wreck. This week has seen its share of disappointment when it comes to live music, including an abrupt end to Jack White’s concert at Radio City Music Hall and the Biebs losing his lunch in the middle of a 105-minute-long set. In light of such mishaps, we’ve put together a list of some of the most notoriously awful, embarrassing, or otherwise disastrous live performances in recent history.
… Read More
1. In case you missed it last night, here’s the full list of winners from the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, an evening which was dominated by Modern Family, Homeland, and Louis CK.
2. Fiona Apple shared some kind of garbled thoughts about her recent arrest for hash possession during a show in… Read More
1. Oscar-nominated actor Michael Clarke Duncan, best known for his role as John Coffey in The Green Mile, died yesterday at the age of 54 from complications related to a heart attack that he suffered earlier in the summer. [via NYT]
2. Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong was rushed from a scheduled… Read More
1. Billie Joe Armstrong would like for “that kid in Twilight,” aka Robert Pattinson, to star in the upcoming film adaptation of Green Day’s Broadway musical, American Idiot. “He’s a good actor,” he told Perez Hilton. “There’s still more to come with that kid.” Right. We’re sure that his rabid teenage girl fan-base has nothing… Read More
Today at Flavorpill, we listened to the Walkmen cover Lindsey Buckingham’s “Holiday Road” for the A.V. Club. We considered buying tickets to see Billie Joe Armstrong in American Idiot, where he’s back for 50 non-contiguous performances. We learned how the the Insane Clown Posse plans to celebrate Christmas this… Read More
1. That’s one way to boost ticket sales: Billie Joe Armstrong will make his Broadway debut in the role of St. Jimmy for eight performances of American Idiot — from this Tuesday through Sunday evening. [via ArtsBeat]
2. Elisabeth Moss on whether Peggy will ever get with Don: “One of the virtues… Read More