1. Madonna has finally confirmed rumors that she’ll play the halftime show at Super Bowl XLVI on February 5. Her set will be created by a team from Cirque du Soleil, and it’s expected that she’ll be performing some new material from her forthcoming album. [via Rolling Stone]
2. Peter Jackson‘s production company… Read More
1. David Bowie says that he didn’t give anyone permission to use his songs in a new play about his life called Heroes: The Musical; the show, written by Deep Singh, is currently set to premiere in London next March. [via NME]
2. Filmmaker Ken Russell, who was considered one of the most… Read More
1. HBO has released some behind-the-scenes footage from Season 2 of Game of Thrones! Watch it here, and then try to deal with the fact that you won’t get to see the full thing until April.
2. Despite some seriously hilarious reviews about how bad it is, Twilight: Breaking Dawn, Part… Read More
There are two types of people who care about The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — those who are already lining up to get into tonight’s midnight screenings and those who are simply devouring the hilarious reviews of critics who never wanted to see the movie in the first place. For that latter group (of which we are most certainly a part), today’s crop of reactions are solid gold. While the general consensus seems to be that Breaking Dawn is too long and slow, with bad writing and no performances to write home about, it’s the details of the funniest reviews that will send you into hysterics. See Taylor Lautner compared to a pizza-delivering porn star and much, much more after the jump.
… Read More
Last Friday — as we do every Friday — Flavorwire ran “Trailer Park,” a roundup of all of the week’s new film trailers. Putting that post together involves a weekly ritual of busily combing film sites, assembling first a list of what has burst out of the studios (and the focus groups) that week, and then moving over to YouTube to view and react, and so on. But there was one trailer that did not make that list and did not make the post, even though it appeared on every single site I visit in researching that feature, and that was the trailer for The Twilight Sage: Breaking Dawn- Part 1. The reason I didn’t include it was simple: I have never seen a Twilight movie, and I have never read a Twilight book. Does this make me an irresponsible writer? What’s more, does it make me a bad person?
… Read More
Welcome to “Trailer Park,” a new Friday feature wherein we’ll collect the week’s new trailers all in one place and do a little “judging a book by its cover,” ranking them from worst to best and taking our best guess at what they may be hiding (for better or worse). For our inaugural week, we’ve got quite the grab bag — six new trailers of wildly varying quality. Check ‘em out after the jump.
… Read More
1. Gucci Mane — who is currently out on bail and awaiting a competency hearing tied to some reckless driving charges — has tattooed an ice cream cone on his face. And if you look closely, it says “Brrr.” [via The Hairpin]
2. In case you care about such things, the first image… Read More
Ever since Betty White’s gig hosting Saturday Night Live (for which she is now nominated for an Emmy), she has been experiencing a massive revival. The Betty White love-fest has graduated from Facebook gag to full-blown invasion of the proverbial airwaves. Somewhere the joke went too far, and now it’s funny just to cast Betty White in unorthodox roles or provide coverage to her most mundane appearances. What is fueling the Betty White phenomenon? Is it a desire to laugh at an old woman with a crude sense of humor, or are people who had otherwise forgotten about her acting ability truly remembering how entertaining she could be? (Or is it simply that she’s adorable?) After the jump, we round up some of the biggest Betty White news since her SNL appearance.
… Read More