1. Word is that Apple’s new CEO Tim Cook is planning to unveil its latest iPhone on October 4, and that the new device will go on sale in the weeks to follow. [via The Daily Beast]
2. This sounds promising: Jeremy Renner has signed on to star in King of Heists, an… Read More
1. Hot on the heels of the news that Google+ has reached the 10 million user mark, GOOD reports that Facebook has been allowing law enforcement officials to snoop around people’s accounts without their consent. Maybe it’s time to make the switch?
2. Edward Norton is currently in talks to play the… Read More
1. Green Day’s American Idiot musical has been optioned as a film. Dustin Lance Black (Milk) is in talks to write the screenplay, Tom Hanks is one of the producers, and Michael Mayer — who helmed the stage version — has already signed on to direct. [via Digital Spy]
2. $1 million for… Read More
Like dentists and their Trident, we at Flavorwire want to bring you authoritative recommendations, but a consensus of opinion tends to allude us. In this feature, we will spotlight the week’s most worthy new movie release with four reasons why you should see it…and one why you shouldn’t. This week’s selection: The Hurt Locker, which opens today in New York and… Read More