Editor’s note: Welcome to The Fug Report! Each week our fashion blogger friends Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan, the sartorial geniuses behind Go Fug Yourself, will feature some of the most memorable looks of the week in this space. We hope you enjoy it!
This week, on Go Fug Yourself, we admired Katy Perry’s … Read More
Another year is drawing to a close, which means it’s time to make 2010′s roundup of the year’s most controversial magazine covers an annual thing. As usual, 2011 brought plenty of outrage over starlets showing skin, but that’s hardly the only transgression that had parents, pundits, and censors worked into a lather. Meet the grocery store chain that thinks gay families are as explicit as Penthouse, learn why it’s not cool to put Kim Kardashian on the cover of Turkish Cosmo, and take one last, long look at Michele Bachmann’s crazy eyes, after the jump.
… Read More
1. Spike Jonze has reportedly teamed up with Kanye West and Jay-Z to direct the music video for “Otis,” the first official track to be released off of their forthcoming joint LP Watch the Throne. While there aren’t many details to be had, you can check out a photo from the shoot in Los Angeles… Read More
Today at Flavorpill, we realized how much Lea Michele resembles a young Anthony Weiner. We felt sorry for this poor piñata. We imagined how adorable this hanging-book friendly lamp would look in our apartment. We appreciated this advice from Jennifer Egan on how to write both good… Read More
If you’ve been watching Glee, you’ve probably caught on to the fact that they’re planning on debuting some original songs in upcoming episodes. After all, Rachel’s not doing all that awkward practicing for nothing. Well, it seems that we won’t have to listen to her sing very many more odes to her headband. Yesterday, two completely original tracks slated to debut on the March 15th episode premiered on “On Air With Ryan Seacrest“. Both tracks were written by Max Martin and Glee music producer Adam, and produced by Martin, the man behind many a Britney Spears and Kelly Clarkson hit. According to Anders, the first track, “Loser,” is a “Gleek anthem. It’s a very uptempo, kind-of-summery hit,” while the second track, “Get It Right” was written specifically for Lea Michele’s character and her storyline trajectory on the show. We’re not so sure how we feel about this — isn’t the best part about Glee recognizing a song you know and watching the characters act it out? What do you think — will Glee turn into a pop-hit factory with Lea Michele and Cory Monteith at the helm, or are they better off just covering every Journey song ever? Take a listen after the jump and let us know in the comments!
… Read More
2010 was a banner year for Gleeks. The cast members of our favorite musical TV show performed at the White House Easter Egg Roll; they graced the covers of multiple magazines (occasionally … Read More
Today at Flavorpill, we wondered what Glee star Lea Michele was doing on the red carpet wearing a dress made out of super-absorbent quilted paper towels. We read a fantastic new short story by George Saunders in The New Yorker. We learned that what we’ve always referred to as a pound sign… Read More
1. Watch the first trailer for Steven Soderbergh’s documentary film about Spalding Gray, And Everything is Going Fine, which his widow asked the director to make after his tragic death. [via Slashfilm]
2. More Steve Carell news: He and David Steinberg are making a documentary that will chronicle the evolution of comedy over… Read More
Today at Flavorpill, we questioned the necessity of Glee star Lea Michele posing in her underwear for a creepster photographer like Terry Richardson in GQ. We eyed these beautiful chandeliers made from old bike parts. We listened to Mark Ronson’s cover of Arcade Fire’s “We Used to Wait.” We… Read More
1. Country music star/sausage magnate Jimmy Dean died in front of the TV over the weekend at the age of 81. In homage, Gawker rounded up some of the Sausage King’s grossest breakfast meals.
2. While the first image from season four of Mad Men doesn’t tell us anything new, Matthew Weiner has… Read More