1. Forbes has released its Fictional 15, an annual list of fiction’s wealthiest characters. This year’s winner is Smaug, the dragon from The Hobbit, whose “personal fortune jumped 16% from last year to $62 billion after wyrm watchers crafted a more detailed analysis of his massive hoard of coins, jewels and antiques.”
1. If you’ve ever been curious about who would win in a potato sack race between Michelle Obama and Jimmy Fallon — well, now you know. The hilarious bit was part of the First Lady’s effort to promote her Let’s Move campaign.
2. Nicki Minaj will be performing her new song “Roman Holiday”… Read More
1. Ryan Seacrest may be taking over Matt Lauer’s anchor spot at Today. Our gut instinct is that this would be horrible, but given the number of thrilling moments Kathie Lee’s unlikely presence on the morning news show has bestowed upon us all, maybe it’s a good thing? [via THR]
2. Here is… Read More
Last night on American Idol, Iggy Pop exploded onto the stage to give a shirtless performance of “Real Wild Child (Wild One)” and dance around like a hyperactive four-year old at a Chuck E. Cheese’s birthday bash. Weird, right? Not only that American Idol is still on the air or that the 63-year-old Pop is allowed to be so chillingly shirtless on live network TV, but that the suburban-mom favorite hasn’t yet been prescribed the programming equivalent of Valium. Because, really, this isn’t the show’s first foray into the quaint town of WTF-ville, USA. After the jump, we count some of American Idol’s craziest moments. This one’s for you, Paula Abdul: You made it okay for men and women everywhere to act clinically insane on reality TV.
… Read More
If you’ve been watching Glee, you’ve probably caught on to the fact that they’re planning on debuting some original songs in upcoming episodes. After all, Rachel’s not doing all that awkward practicing for nothing. Well, it seems that we won’t have to listen to her sing very many more odes to her headband. Yesterday, two completely original tracks slated to debut on the March 15th episode premiered on “On Air With Ryan Seacrest“. Both tracks were written by Max Martin and Glee music producer Adam, and produced by Martin, the man behind many a Britney Spears and Kelly Clarkson hit. According to Anders, the first track, “Loser,” is a “Gleek anthem. It’s a very uptempo, kind-of-summery hit,” while the second track, “Get It Right” was written specifically for Lea Michele’s character and her storyline trajectory on the show. We’re not so sure how we feel about this — isn’t the best part about Glee recognizing a song you know and watching the characters act it out? What do you think — will Glee turn into a pop-hit factory with Lea Michele and Cory Monteith at the helm, or are they better off just covering every Journey song ever? Take a listen after the jump and let us know in the comments!
… Read More
Earlier this week a slew of celebrities that included Lady Gaga, Ryan Seacrest, Justin Timberlake, and Alicia Keys sacrificed their “digital lives” in honor of World AIDS Day. The idea was that these web-savvy celebs would refrain from making any Facebook or Twitter updates — apparently, outside of incessant reminders to donate — until their collective fan-base had raised $1,000,000 to “buy their lives back.” As of the end of the day on Wednesday, The Daily What noted that with only a little over $100,000 raised, “the shameful ploy to demand cash from fans in exchange for fatuous tweets appears to have bombed in a rather spectacular fashion.” So are they any closer to hitting their goal almost two days later?
… Read More
1. Joss Whedon had the first crack at the Buffy reboot, but turned it down to work on other projects. [via Vulture]
2. Despite mixed critical reviews and tons of technical complications, producers announced yesterday that Julie Taymor’s Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark has already sold more than $1 million worth of advance… Read More
Today at Flavorpill, we streamed and then danced around to Cee-Lo’s forthcoming album, The Lady Killer. We were intrigued to hear that James Franco is working on a film about Three’s Company — more specifically, “a multi-media examination of the classic 70s sitcom” that will premiere at this year’s Sundance Film… Read More
1. Kanye West is launching his own line of loafers with shoemakers Stubbs and Wooton that’s scheduled to hit shelves next spring. [via Wonderwall]
2. Ozzy Osbourne is (rightfully!) disgusted that the Westboro Baptist Church decided to play his song “Crazy Town” during an anti-gay protest on the steps of the United… Read More
1. Of Montreal have announced a tour with Janelle Monáe slated for this fall. According to Kevin Barnes, “We want to transform the venues each night, so it becomes this exceptional experience for everyone.” [via Pitchfork]
2. Just in case you were worried, Lindsay Lohan‘s 90-day jail sentence will not affect her involvement… Read More