1. Watching Stephen Colbert, Michael Stipe, and Mandy Patinkin sing “Good King Wenceslas” just made our morning. Absolutely delightful. [via Pitchfork]
2. If you skipped Barbara Walters’ “10 Most Fascinating People” special last night, then you might be interested to know that David Petraeus nabbed the top spot. There was also an interesting interview with Hillary Clinton (who insists she’s not running in 2016) and this funny photo of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie as a skinny kid.
3. Of course Drunk Uncle showed up along with Seth Meyers at last night’s 12/12/12 concert.
… Read More
1. The Atlantic’s GIF guide to Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas’ gold win yesterday in the women’s all-around final is definitely worth your time.
2. After a string of big movie flops, it seems that M. Night Shyamalan is going to try his hand at TV. The filmmaker is teaming with Buffy the Vampire… Read More
Poehler finally a baby mama: Saturday night was certainly lively this weekend, as AMY POEHLER and WILL ARNETT’s first child was born. The actors welcomed ARCHIE ARNETT into the world October 25th, as SETH MEYERS, Poehler’s co-anchor on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE‘s “Weekend Update” announced the birth during the segment. Let’s hope their next kid doesn’t get stuck with the name “Jughead.” [EW]
New Kaufman film hits the screens: SYNECHDOCHE, NEW YORK — CHARLIE KAUFMAN’s directorial debut — opened Friday. After creating phenomenal screenplays for films like BEING JOHN MALKOVICH and ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND it’s easy to see that over six month’s worth of buzz is not unwarranted, but a story that centers on a theater director obsessed with death has left some critics cautioning against the film’s overarching gloom. [LAT]
After the jump, some comforting news for fans of MAD MEN.
… Read More