1. Musician Michel Martelly — the presidential candidate supported by both Pras and Wyclef Jean — has won the runoff election in Haiti, taking in nearly 68 percent of the vote to defeat former first lady Mirlande Manigat. [via Vulture]
2. “I believe the writers are six weeks away from a draft. I know a little bit. But I don’t know — the fellas went off and cooked it up. I don’t know what happened when they put the elements together. When we last got together [in Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey], part of it was that Bill and Ted were supposed to have written the song that saved the world, and it hasn’t happened. So they’ve now become kind of possessed by trying to do that. Then there’s an element of time and they have to go back.” – Keanu Reeves talks to MTV about Bill and Ted 3
3. Will Smith and son Jaden will co-star in a yet-to-be titled sci-fi adventure flick for director M. Night Shyamalan about “a young boy who navigates an abandoned and sometimes scary Earth 1,000 years in the future to save himself and his estranged father after their ship crashes.” [via PopEater]
4. More exciting Record Store Day news: Jerry Lee Lewis will perform at Third Man Records’ Nashville stage for a live concert LP that will be produced by Jack White and released by the label. [via TwentyFourBit]
5. The Flaming Lips’ musical based on Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is in the early stages of production with Des McAnuff, who co-created the stage version of Tommy, at the helm. Says Wayne Coyne: “It’s really become a perfect combination of my fantastical robot-world vision and [McAnuff's] little, internal, humanistic version of what that music is.” [via Guardian]
Bonus link: Human Centipede: The Musical!