1. The nominations for the 65th annual Tony Awards were announced this morning, and — no surprise here! — The Book of Mormon leads all other productions with 14 nods. [via WSJ]
2. Did you miss watching Will Ferrell become “rock hard” as he finally made good on his promise to shave off Conan O’Brien‘s beard last night? View the full clip (which opens with Ferrell snarling, “I don’t even know who you are. I just look at that thing and want to attack it!”) here.
3. The sixth annual Believer Book Award has gone to Next by James Hynes. Click here to read a brief excerpt of his novel, which the lit mag describes as “nothing less than a state-of-the-art Mrs. Dalloway.”
4. In case you’re wondering what’s going on with the plastic wrapped bronze heads near Central Park: Following Sunday evening’s news that Osama bid Laden had been killed, the official opening of Ai Weiwei’s public art project was delayed until tomorrow morning because Mayor Bloomberg had to deliver a speech. [via WYNC]
5. And now for some shocking news: For the first time in 20 years, the number of American homes with televisions has gone down. Now, because of both poverty and the Internet, only 96.7 percent of American households now own sets. [via Gawker]