1. It has been confirmed: Charlie Sheen will be introducing acts and performing live comedy at the 2011 Gathering of the Juggalos; the annual event is scheduled to run August 11-14 in Cave-in-Rock, Illinois. [via Perez]
2. The Playlist reports that Spike Lee — who says that he hasn’t been able to get financing for any of his films in three years! — is currently in talks to direct the long-delayed American remake of Park Chan-Wook’s modern Korean classic Oldboy. We weren’t exactly thrilled when the project was first announced, but with Lee at the helm, it could be interesting.
3. What do you think of Damien Hirst’s artwork for the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album, I’m With You, which is due out on August 2? Is it just us, or could it use a little more formaldehyde shark? [via Vulture]
4. Tête de Femme (Head of a Woman), a small, 1965 drawing by Picasso valued at over $200,000, has been stolen from San Francisco’s Weinstein Gallery. Says the gallery’s president: “My greatest fear is that, with all this attention on it, the person will realize it’s unsellable and will dispose of it in a less-than-proper manner.” [via ArtsBeat]
5. Some not so surprising news: There will be a fifth Pirates of the Caribbean movie. According to The Wrap, Jerry Bruckheimer is currently supervising rewrites to the script and Johnny Depp is negotiating his salary. Considering that the fourth installment of the franchise surpassed $1 billion at the global box office over the weekend, and Bruckheimer says he’ll only do a film with Depp on board, we think he should aim big.
Bonus link: The 5 Most Talented 3D Sidewalk Artists