1. Here is the new, Spike Jonze-directed video for Kanye West and Jay-Z‘s “Otis.” The clip has a sort of lo-fi feel, at least for this pair — mostly, we see them hanging out together on an empty lot and stunt driving an amusingly modified luxury car. And yes, that is Aziz Ansari who you see for like a second.
2. One of our favorite Brooklyn music venues, The Bell House, is throwing its annual ’90s-themed party, Saved by the Bell House, this Saturday. But Dustin Diamond (aka Screech) isn’t happy that the club used his image — along with the rest of the Saved by the Bell cast — on a flyer advertising the event. His people wrote the venue a letter asking them to remove Diamond’s likeness but also offered, “If you are interested in having Dustin, please feel free to call.” The party, by the way, is partially a benefit for the ASPCA. See what The Bell House has done with their flyer here. [via Gawker]
3. Jani Lane, the 47-year-old former frontman of Warrant, was found dead in his room at a Comfort Inn outside Los Angeles. Although no cause of death has been released, Lane is known for his history of alcohol abuse. [via Today]
4. That third Bridget Jones movie is totally happening. Although nothing is confirmed yet, we assume this means Renee Zellwegger is back on board to play the title role, and early whispers suggest that Colin Firth will also return. Our big question: Will the rumors that Bridesmaids director Paul Feig will helm the film turn out to be true? [via EW]
5. Coldplay have announced that their fifth album will be called Mylo Xyloto and will be released October 24th. As with their previous full-length, Viva la Vida, Brian Eno is listed as a collaborator. We don’t expect that will save the band from its terminally square status. You can check out the Mylo Xyloto cover art at NME.
Bonus Buzz: 12 Celebrities Who Have Killed People