1. Nas is working on an autobiography called It Ain’t Hard to Tell that is scheduled to come out next fall. Says music journalist Touré, who is collaborating with him on the project: “I’ve been talking to Nas about writing his autobiography for 15 years. This is hip hop history. We’ll tell his life & deconstruct some songs.” [via NME]
2. The first episode of Showtime’s new CIA drama Homeland is now streaming online, weeks ahead of its October 2 premiere date. What do you make of Claire Danes’ performance?
3. While it comes as no surprise that Tyler Perry topped Forbes’ list of the highest paid men in entertainment after making a whopping $130 million last year, we were kind of shocked that the only other actor to crack the top 10 was Leonardo DiCaprio, who brought in $77 million between May 2010 and May 2011.
4. Hugh Grant is the latest star to join the ensemble cast of the forthcoming film adaption of David Mitchell‘s award-winning novel Cloud Atlas. Already on board: Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Ben Whishaw, Susan Sarandon, and Hugo Weaving. [via THR]
5. Is the world ready for a Whitney Houston comeback? According to Rolling Stone, she’s planning to return to the big screen in Sparkle, a remake of a 1976 musical “loosely based on the story of the Supremes.” She’d be playing “the skeptical and unsupportive mother of the three main characters,” which seems like a bit of a waste to us.
Bonus Buzz: 20 Trendy Names To Call Your Grandma