1. Beyoncé and Jay-Z welcomed a baby girl into the world on Saturday at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City; apparently Blue Ivy Carter’s parents paid a reported $1.3 million to make sure that their newborn had the entire floor to herself. [via NYDN]
2. Here’s your obligatory Party Down movie update: Over the weekend Megan Mullally confirmed at a TCA that the film adaptation is totally a go! Co-creator John Eborn is currently working on a script, and the show’s entire cast (with the possible exception of Jane Lynch) is expected to be a part of the project. [via Deadline]
3. “I did not fight for the 3D. It was something that the studio wanted to do, and I didn’t want to do it. And then, when I saw the first movie converted in sections, I thought that it actually looked really cool.” — JJ Abrams explains why Star Trek 2 will be shot in 3D; filming on the sequel begins this week.
4. In spite of an extremely low budget and lackluster reviews from critics, Paramount’s new horror flick The Devil Inside knocked Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol out of the top spot at the weekend box office, drawing in an estimated $34.5 million. [via ArtsBeat]
5. Word is that Nick Offerman will pen an upcoming episode of Parks and Rec. His self-proclaimed qualifications? “I wrote papers in high school… I have added a lot of dialogue to the show. And my emails retain a certain notoriety for having a certain turn of phrase.” [via Vulture]
Bonus Buzz: The Peanuts Gang Spoofs Abbey Road