1. In the wake of its recent success at the Golden Globes, Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellows is said to be mulling over the idea of doing a feature film version of the TV series. Yes, please — provided that Maggie Smith is on board with the idea. [via The Mirror]
2. YouTube has announced plans to partner with the Venice Film Festival and Ridley Scott’s production company on Your Film Festival, a new online film festival/global competition aimed at shorts that offers a $500,000 prize. [via ArtsBeat]
3. Rihanna and Coldplay will be performing “Princess of China” together live at next month’s Grammy Awards; Chris Martin says that her appearance on the album is his favorite bit of Mylo Xyloto. [via MTV News]
4. According to the results of a new Harris Poll, Johnny Depp is America’s favorite actor for the second year straight, followed by Denzel Washington and Clint Eastwood. How much do you want to bet that some studio exec is currently trying to figure out how to get them all in one movie together? [via Deadline]
5. Bruce Springsteen’s “angry” new album has been appropriately titled Wrecking Ball, and is due out in the US on March 6th. Check out a full tracklist, as well as the cover art, here.
Bonus Buzz: 11 Bacteria Photos Presented As Abstract Art