1. HBO has had to temporarily suspend the use of horses on the set of Luck pending an investigation into the injury (and subsequent euthanization) of its third equine star. PETA’s take on things? “HBO, David Milch and Michael Mann should be ashamed. Three horses have now died, and all the evidence we have gathered points to sloppy oversight, the use of unfit or injured horses and disregard for the treatment of racehorses.” [via THR]
2. Veronica Mars is returning to TV! OK, so that’s a bit misleading. Reruns of the cult favorite will be airing on SOAPnet beginning April 7th, but that’s something, right? [via The Huffington Post]
3. Tomorrow night Lana Del Rey will be taping a performance that will air during an upcoming episode of American Idol. That’s one way to avoid having another Saturday Night Live-style disaster; as Becky Bain at Idolator says, “This may be one of the few times the Idol contestants come off as more experienced than the musical guest.”
4. Here are a few snippets from Tim Burton’s latest Johnny Depp movie, Dark Shadows. The long-awaited first trailer will premiere tomorrow on The Ellen DeGeneres Show of all places.
5. The Eastwoods (as in Clint) are getting a reality show on E!; Mrs. Eastwood & Company, which debuts on May 20th, will focus on “his wife Dina, their teenage daughters Francesca and Morgan, and ‘Overtone’: the all-male, six member South African vocal group that Dina manages.” [via EW]
Bonus Buzz: 15 Things We’ll Miss About ‘Man Vs. Wild’