1. Ashton Kutcher has signed on to play Steve Jobs in a new indie film that “chronicles Jobs from wayward hippie to co-founder of Apple and one of the most revered creative entrepreneurs of our time.” While it seems like a bit of an odd casting choice, we suppose there is a slight resemblance. [via The Wrap]
2. Here’s your first look at The Newsroom, Aaron Sorkin’s new HBO series that stars Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, Alison Pill, Olivia Munn, Sam Waterston, and Jane Fonda, among others. As Pop Culture Brain points out, “It’s like the best parts of Sports Night, West Wing, and Studio 60 rolled into one.” Do you agree?
3. Dirty Projectors are finally releasing a new album! Swing Lo Magellan is due out on July 10 in the US and July 9 internationally; check out the official tracklist here.
4. In other new album news, Patti Smith has announced that she’ll release Banga, her eleventh studio album and first record of original material since 2004’s Trampin, on June 5 in the US. Here’s a look at the tracklist.
5. Are we at all surprised that Adam Sandler’s Jack & Jill — the comedy in which he played his own twin sister — swept this year’s Razzies? “He didn’t play triplets, but he couldn’t have won more awards if he had,” said Razzies founder John Wilson. Zing! [via HitFix]
Bonus Buzz: Dinner Etiquette