1. “Every Single Night” was one of the three new songs Fiona Apple debuted at her much-praised SXSW performance last month. Now, you can hear the studio version, which will be the first single from The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw, And Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do, at Stereogum.
2. Last night, The Simpsons celebrated Fox‘s anniversary with a special message: “Congratulations FOX on 25 years… We still love you.” But the note came with the asterisked addendum, “This doesn’t include Fox News.” Sounds about right to us. [via ArtsBeat]
3. After four weekends of box office domination, The Hunger Games finally lost the top spot this weekend to Steve Harvey‘s Think Like a Man — which pulled in $33 million but cost only $13 million to make. [via AP]
4. Iggy Pop has announced that he’ll release his 16th solo album, Après, May 9th. The record will be comprised entirely of covers, including songs by Edith Piaf, Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, Serge Gainsbourg, Yoko Ono, and more. [via NME]
5. In case a glimpse at Johnny Depp‘s Lone Ranger makeup left you puzzled, the often oddly costumed actor can explain: ““I’d actually seen a painting by an artist named Kirby Sattler, and looked at the face of this warrior and thought: That’s it… The stripes down the face and across the eyes … it seemed to me like you could almost see the separate sections of the individual, if you know what I mean.” [via EW]
Bonus Buzz: Strangely Hypnotic Mad Men BitTorrent Video