1. The first teaser trailer for Kimberly Pierce’s reboot of Carrie might not show much in the way of footage, but it really sets the mood, doesn’t it? [via Pop Culture Brain]
2. Johnny Depp is launching a publishing imprint that he says will feature “authentic, outspoken and visionary ideas and voices.” Already on the slate: a book on Bob Dylan by historian Douglas Brinkley and an unpublished novel by Woody Guthrie. [via WaPo]
3. The first track off of Sonic Youth’s forthcoming archival live album, Smart Bar – Chicago 1985, is now streaming here.
4. “When the president got in office initially, what he represented to a nation of kids was hope. The hope of people all across the country, who would look and see themselves and know the possibilities.” – Jay-Z appears in this new video for the Obama campaign.
5. Apparently 9,000 butterflies that were used in recreation of Damien Hirst’s 1991 installation In and Out of Love died during the artist’s recent retrospective at the Tate Modern. According to a spokesperson for the museum, they “were all sourced from reputable UK butterfly houses and were selected from varieties known to thrive in the conditions created.” [via Gawker]