Pigs filled the sky this week, as Guns N’ Roses finally released the ridiculously long-awaited Chinese Democracy. In addition to costing Dr. Pepper a boatload of free soda, Axl Rose has revealed that what he’s spent the last decade and a half working on may have been (mostly) worth the wait.
To help celebrate, and to put things in perspective, after the jump, a short list of some things that have happened since the release of the last original GNR albums, 1991′s Use Your Illusion 1 and 2.
- Bill Clinton and George W. Bush each served two full terms in office
- Miley Cyrus was brought into the world
- The Strokes graduated high school, formed, released three albums, and went on hiatus
- The MP3 was unleashed
- That 70s Show debuted, ran for eight seasons and 200 episodes, and was canceled
- Harry Potter was introduced, featured in seven books, and set aside by author J.K. Rowling
- Peter Jackson’s entire Lord of the Rings trilogy screened in theaters and was released on DVD
- People got their first glimpse of South Park and Family Guy
- Mobile phones became small enough to carry in your pocket
- The World Wide Web was made available to the public
For more on Chinese Democracy, visit www.gunsnroses.com.