While you might not be racking up the frequent flier miles of George Clooney’s Ryan Bingham character from Up in the Air, odds are that you’re going to be catching a flight somewhere in the coming weeks. And that there will be massive delays. But that doesn’t have to be a bad thing: We consider these seven beautiful airport terminals from around the world the kind of places an architecture geek wouldn’t mind getting stuck in — for a few hours at least.
Which aesthetically pleasing hubs did we miss?
1. Beijing Capital International Airport ( Foster + Partners)
2. Bilbao Airport (Santiago Calatrava)
3. Incheon International Airport, Seoul (Fentress Bradburn Architects)
4. Heathrow International Airport, Terminal 5 (Rogers Stirk Harbour & Partners)
5. JFK International Airport, TWA Terminal (Eero Saarinen)
6. Madrid Barajas International Airport, Terminal 4 (Richard Rogers)
7. Singapore Changi Airport, Terminal 3 (CPG Corporation and Skidmore, Owings and Merrill LP)