[Editor's note: For the next two Fridays, Flavorwire will be counting down our 20 most popular features of 2010. This post, which originally ran on March 9, 2010, comes in at position number 15.] OK, so you might have looked at the title of this post and thought to yourself, “How hard can it be? He’s @ConanOBrien. And he’s been there since February 24.” Well, yes. But as Starcasm tipped us off, he has also been tweeting from seven secret accounts as of late: @CoCosBeard, @ConansSharpie, @CoCosATMCard, @ConansTaurus, @ConansMonkey, @ConansFreckles, and @ConansSquirrel. A guide to Conan’s many Twitter identities after the jump.
1. @ConanOBrien – The original. You’ll find a little bit of self pity here: “I had a show. Then I had a different show. Now I have a Twitter account.” And lethargy, too: “This is only my 5th tweet and I’m already exhausted. My God, how does Ashton do it?”
2. @CoCosBeard – Conan’s sexiest Twitter account is “a beard that can type.”
3. @ConansSharpie – Conan’s most “versatile” Twitter persona, he’s recently been through some big changes: “I used to jot down notes on the celebrities. Nowadays, squirrel facts and freckles.”
4. @CoCosATMCard – The money behind the operation. And connected. He’s “linked to Conan’s NBC severance fund.”
5. @ConansTaurus – Conan’s Taurus : Conan as KITT : Knight Rider.
6. @ConansMonkey – Conan’s self-proclaimed bestie. A banana lover.
7. @ConansFreckles – We’ll let him (them?) explain: “I am legion. I contain multitudes. And melanin. And, mostly, the wisdom of the ages.”
8. @ConansSquirrel – He’s obsessed with nuts and Twitter friends with Ashton’s squirrel. Inexplicably, this is Conan’s most popular secret account.